Sunday, 21 January 2007

The Pursuit of Happyness

That's not my typo!

Busy busy day. Up, catch bus, squeeze into the back at church, sit through service, have coffee and biscuits in the foyer, see Sarah and Lance, visit Vodaphone shop and Boots with Isa, bus home, Somerfield for quick groceries, lunch all round, bit of a mooch, to cinema, watch The Pursuit of Happyness, home, toast, hot chocolate, tiny bit of telly, bedroom, nearly in bed.

That, ladies and gentlemen, was my day.

San Francisco is following me today. In the Vodaphone shop, heard 'Golden' by Jill Scott, which I later downloaded, which I first heard at Glide Memorial Church in San Francisco in November. Great song, performed by a fantastic gospel choir. Then, I go to watch this film, and the church is IN THE FILM! Glide Memorial! But not only that, there's a scene with the choir in, the same choir I saw! I even recognised some of the singers - fantastic!!

I dressed properly today. Not jeans, but a dress, a nice top, tights. Yesterday evening, the chip run and its associated elasticated waist, rather depressed me. This week, the aim is for energy, vitality, and feeling not so blue that I slum it in my comfy clothes all the time.

I'm scheduled up to the hilt next week, already. Monday afternoon, seeing Sarah (I met up with her at church, her exams are going fine, phew!), Wednesday night, Baptism lessons, and Friday night will be Pastorate. I get tired just thinking about it all. I also start to get a wee bit resentful, not a good plan, my time is my time, and I like seeing people. I am not obligated to go to the Pastorate if I don't want to. Nor am I obliged to see Sarah, but I do want to. So I go.

Bad thoughts today about The-ex-who-shall-not-be-named. Okay, bad thoughts nearly everyday. I believe that the next time I fall in love, I'll make a better fist of it, and this relationship I'm still mourning, for reasons unknown, didn't fail, it just didn't conclude in marriage. We tried, it didn't work out, nothing to see here, move along. I have alot more to do with my life. I am in the pursuit of my own happiness, to bring things back to where we started. I am in pursuit of the things that I believe God has planned for me.

At church, Charlie was talking about our destinies, and while I cannot remember the actual Biblical reference (we were sat so far back in the crypt we couldn't read the screens) he said 'there may be a future author in this church' (along with prime ministers, Bishops, mothers, fathers...) and I wondered if that's me. I hope so. It's my most cherished dream, anyway. Why would God have made me this way if... and who am I to ask?

No comments: