Well, my lasagna went down very well, as did lots of wine. As a result, I am glowing in the bask of domestic goddess praise, but I did have a teeny tiny hangover this morning, including a furry mouth and the desire for lots of chocolate and crisps. Luckily, my lunchtime bacon and cheese panini cured this. Philippa and Amber were fab, they got on well with Isabelle, much fun was had by all, and Isabelle seemed to enjoy meeting them. Then she went out. When she came back, they were just leaving, after much chat, discussion of the rubbishness of publishing, how much they miss our office, and jive dancing. Yes, jive dancing.
Happily, I succeeded in making a second lasagna for the pastorate tonight. Sometimes, when I go to these meetings, and I sit there, and I see people, I think, how did this happen? How did I end up the kind of person who frequents drafty community halls, eating off paper plates, singing in a circle and lifting up my hands with my eyes closed? Then I realise how much more 'me' all of that is than the pressure of bars and pubs and clubs. I like having fun as much as the next person, I like bars and pubs and clubs, but those sorts of events exert a different sort of pressure on me.
This all comes back to something Amber was talking about last night. She has a new boyfriend, who is a psychologist, and she was talking about personality types. It has emerged that I am INFJ, which is interesting, and having read that last page, I realise how true it is. It's funny, becuase people disagree and call me an extrovert, but even though I love to communicate, I like to do it on my own terms, and I could happily be alone for days. But I think lots of people would agree that my personality is like that.
In other news, I am having my hair cut this afternoon, so I really ought to get moving. I still have to wash up after last night, and I also have to re-heat Lasagna 2. So looking forward to the weekend, some writing time, hopefully, as well as a little bit of work (booo!).
Friday, 12 January 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment