So, there's water bursting out all over the place, apparently in Oxford. In fact, if you read the newspapers and listen to the radio and watch the news, you'd think all of Oxford had been submerged and they were storing half the town in the Kassam Stadium. This is not the case. Yes, there is some flooding. Yes, there is some disruption. However, since I live at the top of a hill, away from the river, all is well with me. I do feel sorry for those near Abingdon Road, closer to Botley, who do apparently have water in their houses, but to be honest, I wish everyone would STOP SCARE MONGERING and go off and report more cheerful things that don't make me think "flood! the end of the world is night! global warming!!!!!"
I saw HP again this evening, but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make, as I got to sit next to the crush the entire way through it, occasionally brushing elbows, and hear his funny commentary on the adverts. I'm knackered though. And I think I'm getting a cold. So basically, I'm going to go to bed. The rest of my life goes like this: work is rubbish. Things are fine. I seem to be avoiding the house (not good). Plans for this weekend: none. I am going to have to chillax (favourite new word).
Wednesday, 25 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment