Saturday, 11 August 2007

Ouch!

I injured myself rowing! I wasn't even out on the water, I was helping to get the big brute of a boat out, and scraped my arm on a metal bracket, that the boat usually sits on. Scraped the skin, made a gouge, and bled. Ooooooh, it stings, I'm having trouble concentrating because of it. And I had to wear a thwacking great plaster on my arm for my 'coffee and cake' non-date.

My second non-date date in a week! Now, this guy seems like a very nice guy, and I don't think he's romantically interested in me, so all is safe, but it's still stressful to arrange to meet someone. Had a pleasant hour sitting out in the sunshine, at the lovely Isis Boathouse. Very nice, talking to nice people (but not so much the person who actually invited me there).

More things happening this weekend, and a list of things to do as long as my arm. I've got chapters to continue revising, a presentation to prepare for an interview, and places to go and people to see. Is it any wonder I feel slightly stressed? And with the injury, my alcohol tolerance might be lowered!

Amusant moments of the week. I told Sarah that a friend's housemate is called Danny Rainbow, and she asked if he did a lot of drugs. I said 'probably, but lots of my friends do.' Isabelle's dad's name is Nobby, short for Norbert, pronounced the FRENCH way, bien sur. And I can't remember if this week was the week I laughed til I cried at "Everybody Hurts" playing in the MP sandwich shop, but anyway, that was funny. I'm having fun, anyway.

Amazing how tired rowing can make one. I wish I didn't have to continue revising chapters/ writing my interview preparation, but needs must, sadly. Especially if I'm going tobe socialising tomorrow.

No comments: