Saturday, 18 August 2007

Rainy Saturday Boredom

I shouldn't complain. The rain is keeping me indoors, yes, but is there anything as wonderful as legitimately not having to do anything all day? No.

Also, I am recovering from a hangover from the hangover, and a very tiring and exhausting week, what with the stress, and the adrenaline, and then the more adrenaline. And then the stress. And going out. So I pretty much deserve some downtime. I was supposed to be going to a barbeque that got truncated to a party that will end up down the pub. But no one I know is going, so instead, I'm going to mooch at home. Or I might go and see a film, in the spirit of 'getting out of the house.' Shame that all the films I want to go and see are on at the Phoenix, and not at the Vue...

This afternoon I watched Little Children, which is WAY overdue at Blockbuster (whoops!) and which I very much enjoyed, (SPOILER!) but couldn't bear the ending when I was sure they were all going to die...I had to come upstairs and check out the plot on wikipedia before going back down to finish the film. I ate a whole quiche lorraine, remembering the story about Bill Clinton asking for a 'quickie', which is surely an urban legend...

Now I'm writing. I'm back to the WIP, and I'm loving it. Loving. It.

No comments: