I'm re-watching The Way We Were, mainly because there's nothing on telly on a Saturday night, and secondly because I've already watched the 'new' DVD I had to watch, Inside I'm Dancing, which I borrowed off Laura.
So, Friday was my last day on Religion... as from Monday, I work on Philosophy. This is scary, and exciting, and wonderful and excellent and all those things that new beginnings are. It's also deeply deeply humiliating, my new male boss is prettier than I am, and incredibly smart. Well, no better qualified than anyone else at my place of work, but he's pretty important, and has lots of experience. Also, I've been so used to working with my boss, who in many ways has been like a bit of a surrogate mother, a mentor if you will, and now I won't be working with her, and I know she's proud of me (oh dear, I'm welling up as I write this, I cried on Thursday when she said goodbye to me), but working with a new boss might mean less praise, less progression. I'm 26... will I have my sought after plum position in four years time by the time I'm 30? Will it work out working for this guy? Am I going to enjoy it?
And inevitably the main thing I'm worried about is what I'm going to wear. I need new jeans really badly, so a shopping trip is in order. I also need new boots. Excuses excuses, but a new job is an excellent excuse. And I'm now the owner of a headful of brunette locks, so that's interesting...
Other interesting things are happening, I'm sure, in the world, even in the office. Like I could talk about the sales conference, I could talk about having had no time to write all week, I could talk about old people (my nanna, B's mum and dad, even Sheena and Andy's respective parents)... but I won't. Instead I'll just chalk another month up to the lost blog log, and carry on. Tomorrow, shopping... I can hardly wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment