So I had a bit of a sulk today about the Hot Legs Boss. But then he smiled in a meeting and the entire room flooded with light and angels sang... so I forgave him for being rubbish and leaving me basically to my own devices for four weeks, while he faffs. Then he said he'd call me tomorrow, but by that point, I'd already got all the answers to the questions I needed... so I'll have to find something to talk about tomorrow. Eeek.
Virtuousness!! Charlie and I made a pact last night about Christmas goals (me: finally attract the crush at the Christmas party, Charlie: look like a fox at the Christmas party) but it involves exercise and dietary restraint. Oh-kay. So this lunchtime me, Amanda and Charlie went to the gym, Charlie signed up, we put our names down for Body Pump, and after work I submitted myself to a ritual of torture and pain. I'm going to ache tomorrow. Mainly I'm hoping that this exercise malarky will ensure that I sleep well this week. As I hope will returning to church; calmness and striving in mind and body, mes amies, that's what we're after.
Finally, yesterday was the loveliest day. Church in the morning; lunch with Sarah A., a friend of her and Lance, and a friend of the friend. Met up with Aileen for coffee. Went to Charlie's in the evening. I was knackered this morning, but it was an utterly wonderful weekend. Wonderful.
This evening, watching Nigella, I actually had to put a cushion over my face when she acted. However, all her recipes looked wonderful, and one of them was even very healthy. I did, however, want to curl and and die when I had to watch old Nige performing. She is still, one of of my favourite icons, despite the bad acting, but it's getting harder to forgive it when her crying 'girlfriend' is clearly an actress. I don't think Nigella would ever have a friend who was such an obvious bottle blonde. Surely all her friends have expensive high maintenance dye jobs?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment