Thursday, 4 October 2007

Shopping and Writing

This month, October (gahd, October already?!) is gonna be a good blog month. I can feel it. There's a phrase that'll come back to haunt me in four weeks time when it's November and this is the only post.

Work stuff... I'm such a lucky girl! I got a lovely gift from the Ex-Boss, and a lovely card, which was so nice, and I love my new job, and my New Hot Boss. Even if he is... well, Hot. Hot Boss thinks I've got a cool mouse (RSI prevention tool, which I totally negate by using my laptop in bed lying down most evenings). He thinks it's groovy. Ah, I think he's groovy. And lovely. Today, Hot Boss took us out for lunch and paid himself, not on the company. He gave a little speech about sometimes drawing a line between the company and yourself, meaning he was being *himself* with us in the sunshine in Oxfordshire today. And himself is lovely and funny. Did I mention that Hot Boss is married with babies? Isn't life unfair. Hot Boss has denim eyes, and the palest of freckles on his translucent skin. Hot Boss is beautiful and I am a toad. But hopefully, I'm a toad who can do her job well, and scrubs up alright.

The Crush has been sick! He's back now, looking fragile with a haircut that emphasises the back of his neck. He's lovely.

So, the shopping of the title. Well, mes amies, I thought it would be interesting to relate my shopping experiences. You can tell a lot about a person by what's in their shopping basket. So, these were my purchases at Sainsbury's, after work, today:

Arborio rice
Marscapone cheese (for risotto)
Golden plums (Italian, food miles, bad)
Scottish Raspberries (not so bad, food miles wise, at least British!)
British Strawberries (ethical choice)
Petit Filous (on special)
Jumbo box tampax
Can gin and tonic with sweeteners
A Bad Bride's Tale by Polly Williams (farewell book buying embargo, hello chick lit!)

The writing of the title - well, remember my Samurai sisters sample chapters? Rejected, BUT close to what they'd been after, except for not being able to imitate someone else's voice (grr), and would I be interested in being the originating voice on a project if something comes up? Um, yes! However, the spooky story sample chaps, well, I decided not to do them... I love the company that asked me, A LOT, but it just felt like the wrong time. The new job is absorbing a lot of brain power.

As is stressing about finding somewhere else to live. Lay away last night, thoughts racing through my mind. I kept on thinking "OK, so my mind's wandering, but any moment, I'm going to go to sleep" but the thoughts just kept on coming.

Tonight, I should be writing (yeah!) (sung to tune of Bee Gees), instead I'm listening to iTunes and drinking that gin. Sometimes, Thursdays need to be kicked back a little.

No comments: