I'm so proud of myself this evening; I had a glass of wine and faced my bank statement. Moving, owning a car, even Christmas, these are all expensive things, and it was painful, but not too painful. It's best if you do it quickly, like ripping a plaster off. Then I went through all my paperwork and cleared up! It's been a month since I moved in here - who'd believe it?
Last night Isabelle came over for dinner! It was really nice! She brought my post, and a dessert, and I cooked a risotto and we chatted and chatted. Very very fun. Even better was the validation (I'm big on validation) that the house is cosy and friendly. I knew it was!
Cultural musings from a chav: well, Billie Piper's going to be in the next series of Doctor Who! I'm really enjoying this series of Never Mind the Buzzcocks, I've been totally addicted to Spooks (seriously properly addicted) and I'm loving Lead Balloon, mainly due to the performance of this young lady, who is so incredibly feckless it makes me laugh. The rest of it's a bit crap.
Philosophical musings: the love for the Hot Boss continues, he's just wonderful. It's getting stupid now, because, well, it's just bloody stupid. But I had the most fun work day in a long time in London on Tuesday, so that was great. But I'm not allowing myself to wallow in adoration of the Hot Boss, because he'd be mortified, and I would hate that. So there. I remember Old Boss once saying that all women fell slightly in love with their male bosses. Hmmm... I smell a novel in that!
There is a new assistant at work. I have been training, which mainly involves me getting it wrong and getting flustered.
The crush: I gave up, the end of last week, I realised I was just setting myself up for disappointment, and voila, he disappointed me, and now he just annoys me, I'm not crushing on him anymore. Mind you, bloody bloody Single Friend, very annoying, one person put me on his favourites - I'm WAY out of his league. Miaow! I'm hoping, hopeful romantic that I am, that someone (anyone!) who I fancy will go for me? However, now I've tried this, I'd even be prepared to try another dating service! So that's surely progress.
Funny things: I'm taking the day off tomorrow!! Hence the HIVE of activity tonight, I'm happy happy happy because I have three days in which to do exactly what I please. Tomorrow I'm hanging with my homegirl, C-Wo, and Saturday/Sunday, I have no plans. Except to get rid of the twitch.
The twitch is still with me; I've had it for FIVE WEEKS, since before I moved, and I've not got rid of it. So tonight it's bath book bed, tomorrow it's RELAXING and FUN (as well and low-key chores/ jobs) and then Saturday/Sunday - well, Strictly and Writing, I guess. I'd rather have RSI than a twitch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment