Saturday, 3 November 2007

Moving stress

I'm moving house. Have I mentioned that I'm moving house? HAVE I MENTIONED THAT I'M MOVING HOUSE?!

As I type, from my laptop, from my bed, I am surrounded by more boxes of books than I anticipated, bin bags, and everything else in the room feels scarily empty. The walls are plain, and when I click my light off, the sound echoes around, bouncing off the bare walls, when previously, swags of curtains and books created a cushioned lining.

It's starting to feel less like home.

So, mes amies, tomorrow is M-day. It's been a bit of a week, to be honest. I've been grumpy and stressed about moving, I've cried at Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two, I've cried when I was drunk after the Books Night Out (excellent apple martini, but it tipped me over the edge), I even nearly cried today at Sarah's Hen Do, which was great, but towards the end of the night it got to the point where I'd just Had Enough, and I wanted to Go Home. Even tonight, really I wish I had the energy to write, but I do just feel like actually I need to (well, dare I say it?) go to sleep, chill out, and not worry about writing. It's only Saturday night, and tomorrow, I'll get lots done, it'll be fine. Note the panic.

I'm so pleased that Sarah's Hen Day was nice, because now I'm looking forward to the wedding. We had fun, but the highlight of the day for sure was the belly dancing lesson. Woo hoo! Of course, boast boast, I was told that I was good, but to be honest, of course I am. I should imagine I'm the sluttiest girl who was in that room! I'm bound to be good at belly dancing! Also, it was NOT difficult. Just a LOT of shimmying.

Hopefully, next time I update, I'll be fully settled in the new house and new room. But until then... au revoir.

No comments: