Saturday, 20 January 2007

Bad Mood Saturday

The sun is out, the sky is blue, there's not a cloud to spoil the view, but it's raining (dah dah dah dee dah dah dah), raining in my heart...

Buddy Holly, the late, the great.

Yeah, it's raining in my heart. Or rather it's a bit of a thunderstorm, lightning, grumpiness. Bad sleep. Isabelle brought back a friend (the same friend who the night of the impromptu gathering at our house stayed over til 3.30am) who stayed until 3am, and didn't turn the living room light off when she left, so when I woke up at 4am, I had to go downstairs and turn it off. A grr moment. And I'll admit it, I'm hungover. I'm going to have to stop drinking, three glasses of wine and I become the proverbial bear with the sore head.

But also, sometimes, I get the feeling that everyone wants a piece of me. Dad was emailing me this morning - "when are you next coming home?", Nanna called me, and she can be very very annoying. An email from my friend Sarah A., suggesting we meet up this weekend, which usually would gladden my heart, made me feel obligated and stressed. I only have two days off a week, and I want to make the most of it, but I also have things I want to do, and sometimes, feeling guilted out by Nanna and nagged by Dad isn't one of them. It feels like I only just got back in the swing of things after Christmas, and I'm already being called home. I also made the rookie error of reading my work email, and there's an author who gets up my nose, who is getting up my nose.

Don't mind me, I'm just complaining. Please forgive me while I go and give myself a good slap to snap myself out of it.

In other news, very tempted by the idea of finishing off the kettle chips and dip I started last night. Also tempting are fried eggs and beans. I need a proper cup of coffee, but is it worth heading into town for one at midday on a Saturday? Clearly, I am a lady of inadequate purposes. This morning, until I called Nanna in response to her voicemail, I was all for going to the gym. Now I'm all for adding a layer to my blubber.

Just checked my bank account, though, and there are reasons to be cheerful in there! I'm so proud that I'm better at managing my money now!

No comments: