Friday, 19 January 2007

Telly Addict

For the first night in a long time, this evening I slobbed out infront of the telly ALONE.

Jimmy's Farm...Big Brother...Ugly Betty...Big Brother... bits of book along the way (oh yeah, despite the test-card, the reading binge hasn't stopped yet). It was a pretty good night. Except that I drank way too much of my Co-Op Chablis and now have a headache. Such (as my Dad would say) is life. Also, Isa's at the International Pastorate this evening, wearing her 'good pants' (teeny tiny Gap-style caramel coloured chinos) so I felt obliged to slob out more than usual, because I was alone.

Firstly, let me just announce my patheticness: two little adorable piglets died on Jimmy's Farm, and I had a little snuffle about that. Then I was shouting at the TV about Jade Goody: The Racist Bully, and feeling sorry for Shilpa, and having a little bit of a snuffle about Shilpa's dignified behaviour because I admired her so much. Then I burnt my mouth on the cheese of my pizza (yes, I know I announced I was going on a diet, but baby steps, people!) and so drank more wine to dull the pain and the next thing I knew I was watching 'Comedy Connections' on Beeb 1, and remembering 'Bread' the truly terrible sitcom that used to be big in the eighties (just like leggings!!) and I decided that I really ought to go to bed.

And so, to bed! TGI the weekend, two whole days off, what bliss.

No comments: