Tuesday, 16 January 2007

Blue Tuesday

I don't care if Monday's blue, Tuesday's grey and Wednesday, too...

Ah yes, you know it's bad when you're quoting eighties pop songs. Rather I should be lamenting grey Tuesday. It rained hard all the way to work, and out of the office windows, all I can see is a matt grey sky, and some wintery looking trees. It's January, it's supposed to be gloomy and depressing, but being stuck in it is just painful.

Last night, after my busy weekend, I was very very tired. I got home, after a quick stop off at the the Co-op. I ate a large plate of pasta and tomato sauce (a mix of leftover jarred sauce and tinned tomatoes) with a small glass of red wine, and had two squares of very very dark chocolate (note the health-giving benefits of two of my choices!) then I fell asleep, fully clothed, after attempting and failing to watch Doctor Who on DVD to keep myself awake, and reading my funny book, which I haven't yet added to the sidebar. Three books in five days; it's getting ridiculous. I think I'm trying to escape from something? Or maybe it's just that I was travelling.

Anyway, I suspect that the reason I'm so sleepy and down is WORK. Or rather, boredom at work. I spend my days waiting for lunch, waiting for hometime, sitting, stuffing my face with carbs, and feeling depressed. Then I get fatter, and feel even more depressed. The cure comes with baby steps. Eating less, dragging one's butt to the gym, even when one doesn't feel like it, attempting to get a new job, even when one only has a tiny chink of hope that it might just about happen, and a new job is possible.

I ought to get on with it, or at least with something.

No comments: