I've been too tired to blog since the photocopier incident. It was as if the surface wound created a crevice from which all the strength of my body leaked out, like dust in His Dark Materials.
But also, part of the reason is that last night, when I should have been updating, I was trying to buy cheap laptops on ebay. And this morning, I succeeded! HURRAH!! This means I've spent my February bonus, but hey, it was worth it, after all, it's my first bonus from this employ ever, and I want to be able to blog and write and stuff from the comfort of my own bed. Oh yes. Also take it on the train. But not to watch movies on, since it doesn't have a DVD/CD. That's why it was cheap. But that's not what it's for, you see, people. It's for writing. In coffee shops and stuff. And no one will want to steal it because it's old. That, my friends, is the plan.
And, mes amies, I might be getting to go to New York for work. But it's not a cert, it's a tiny sliver of a maybe at the moment. Cross everything!!
News!! I had my final Baptism Lesson on Wednesday. More testimonies, more emotions running high. I feel like I'm preparing to get married, I'm so excited about Sunday, kind of apprehensive, too, nervous about how my family and friends are going to find my beloved church, but most of all, just really really excited. Good news, too, is that Neil and Max are coming on Saturday, so we can go out and have fun. Hoorah!! It will be so good to see them again so soon. Even better, Barbara is bringing everyone except Dad up, too, so we shoud have fun. However, I know I should be praying more and harder in the run up to this, reading my Bible more. I've been too slack.
No other real news. Work is a pain, as usual, but you know, I turn up, I do it, I go home, too exhausted to do anything else. I dropped pasta in tomato sauce on my bedspread last night; it is now stained, despite it instantly going in the washing machine. It already has beans and coffee on it. I really shouldn't eat on my bed. I've been reading way too much, because of the tiredness.
Hopefully tonight, I will leave my pastorate in time for Ugly Betty, my new favourite show.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment