Tuesday, 23 January 2007

Ouch ouch ouch

Nearly burst into tears this morning (instead settled for a silent welling-up and swearing) because I managed to take a small chunk out of my hand while un-jamming the photocopier. There's a story to this, a boring, office-worker type story, that involves three jammed photocopiers, the photocopier repair man, emails to the helpdesk, and frustration. The upshot of the story is that I now have a big red gouge on my left hand, only one copy of a typescript printed, and I feel pretty out of sorts. Sometimes, mes amies, life sucks.

But sometimes, mes amies, life is good! Last night, for example, I went round to Sarah and Lance's, and Sarah and I did bible study, but mostly chatting, and then Lance came home, and I asked him if he knows one of my authors, and he does, she taught him at North Carolina State, and he emailed her, and she emailed me, all to say, isn't it a small world?!

Money: paid my ex-flatmate the last money I allegedly owe her from the flat's bills. It's well over twice as much as I'm paying per month in the new place, but it's not worth fighting over. I also transferred money over to her new council tax account, although the girl on the other end offered me half (and hey, who am I to sniff at £30?). But I declined. However, I also got a phone bill that I needed to pay, due to a screw up with my previous bill that meant that they put pauses on my direct debit, and oh I don't know, sometimes the modern world can be very confusing, and all I want at night is to go home and not worry about these things!!

No comments: