Sunday, 14 January 2007

Neil's flat

I'm suffering from housing envy. Yesterday afternoon, just as I was finishing annoying software testing (some of which I think I stuffed up- guilt), Neil called and emailed and said, "Come over!" So I did. It's now the morning after the night before and after a surprisingly restful night on sofa cushions on the floor, we're preparing to go to Uncle Merv's for lunch. But more about Neil's flat. Let me just use one word: STORAGE. So much storage, and so much space. Before, Neil and Max were living in Pimlico, in a small cute flat, one of those georgian pillared houses broken down into layers. Now they are living in Docklands, but the pay-off is more room, a big beautiful kitchen/living room and a bit of extra space that's actually the 'under the stairs' area of the block they live in that if *I* lived here, I'd turn into a home office. Of course, part of the reason Neil and Max seem to have so much space is that there's no tottering pile of books anywhere, they're more the textbook types, but even so, I love it, despite the treck. And now I have to get dressed.

No comments: