Saturday, 21 July 2007

Farewell Harry

Spoilers!!!!

I didn't make it to the midnight unveiling of the new Harry Potter. I fell asleep in my bed, fully clothed. Instead, I was down at Tesco at 6am, after waking like a child on Christmas morning. I floored it to the supermarket, where I purchased two copies, and returned in double quick speed, to devour 608pp, four slices of toast (two with marmite, two with honey) and three cups of tea, a cup of coffee and two apples. I started the book at about 6.45am, and was finished by half past ten. I'm a quick reader, yes, but it was a good read. I cried twice, only lost the thread once, and irritatingly had to read back a couple of pages to find out what was going on, and was happy at the end. There. And thank goodness Harry didn't die. As Katy at work said, he's had a shit enough life without dying without any happiness. Well, we know that doesn't happen now. Hurrah!

I was supposed to be going out perhaps tonight, but it doesn't look like anything is going to happen, so I think I'm in. This isn't a bad thing, I'm tired, after my early morning/late night exploits, and I also went rowing (on the ergs) and did hoovering this morning, so it's not like I've been lazy. And we have a new sofa (a sofabed, to be exact) downstairs, which is very exciting, so I might go and road test it. I've got Monday off, double whee! So there's space and time this weekend where there might not have been.

Oh, the RAIN! We have had sooo much rain, proper can't go out in it without getting drenched, deeply unpleasant rain. Couldn't row on the river because it was running too fast, too high. Have been wearing my walking coat with the hood! Not good!!

I might be going out tonight after all. Hurrah!

No comments: