Friday, 20 July 2007

Still wild about Harry - and wild in general

It's really late and I should be sleeping but I really feel terrible for not updating more. Blame Facebook, the crack cocaine of the internet. I've got 96 friends, who cares if I've not seen some of them for six years plus and I didn't want to see some of them ever again? Might have to have a purge, a kind of less-is-more... anyway, I'm wittering. Just wanted to say, I'm alive! Yay! The week went like this:

Friday night: Amber's party. Left at 1am, reasonably sober. Didn't pull anyone, sadly, but had a lovely lovely time, night slightly dampened by damp exit into rain and long long long wait for a taxi with aching feet.

Saturday: to Godalming to visit Gemma P. Lovely lovely lovely time, chat, pizza, wine, out for cocktails, did a little bit of shopping, had a bit of a seated boogie (oh yes, the old chair-dancing) and suffered from a double hangover.

Sunday: home from Gemma P.'s, went to sleep at 7.30pm, through to the following morning. Knackered.

Monday: work (booo!) and rowing (pleasant) then a half hour chat on Charlie's doorstep after I returned her wellies.

Tuesday: Charlie's birthday, Amy's leaving drinks. Didn't get as drunk as I'd have liked, but enjoyed the night. Lovely chats about Doctor Who, Firefly, Serenity, Buffy and Angel. Excellent stuff.

Wednesday: Amy's last day, little bit tearful, did a good job on the various cakes, presents, etc. Came home in the evening and chilled out to Bjork, as I've borrowed albums from Amy. She will never get them back now, probably.

Thursday: today! People having interviews at work, looking very smart. The crush looked positively edible. Good news arrived in an email, a writing opportunity that I'm not going to write too much about in case I jinx it, but suffice to say, is exciting, and Laura and a lady called Yvonne came over and we had writing group. I think I tore the poor lady's poem to shreds. Whoops.

News: well, the writing opportunity. Jobs opening up at work, a chance to maybe move on a little? I still really like the crush, who has no idea, or if he does is ignoring it. Might be going out on Saturday night in a group that may or may not include him. Hope so. Have booked Monday off as holiday, seeing the family this weekend, too, and generally incredibly excited about Harry Potter, despite having read the sodding NY Times review, which kind of doesn't spoil but does warn (SPOILER) that it's a bit of a blood bath. Yikes. So excited about Harry Potter that actually I think my two late nights in a row have been in reaction to it. And also because I've been watching Gavin and Stacey which I taped ages ago but never got round to watching. Now I have, it's cute. Isa's been on hols this week, and I've barely seen her. She's got people round for dinner tomorrow night. And at work I have a new mouse, new keyboard and new chair and I am undoing all my good work by using a laptop in my bed. Ridiculous. So with that, au revoir, blog fans. I'll be back.

No comments: