Nigella, we need to talk. Now I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt when I read all about your 'specially invited guests' and faked London bus scenes in the Daily Mail. I can cope with the way you've gone all a bit cuter and more self-knowing for your new BBC persona. I was prepared to let sleeping dogs lie about the soup in the cab last week, and the fact that your house seems to be stuck somewhere between Docklands and Belgravia... but I WILL NOT ACCEPT that you had a business meeting first thing in the morning, on your 'terrace' (studio), with a guy who looked like Howard from the Halifax ads, which consisted of you pointing at your MacBook and saying "if we can get the same team together, I think it's a go." What is a go? WHAT TEAM? What are you talking about??!!! Nigella, the time has come to stop pretending. You're not a busy, working yummy mummy. You're married to a millionaire. Your children look like mini punks in that shiny, expensive way only truly posh kids do. Yes, I love your assemblage style of cooking, your shiny chocolate hair, your wardrobe, your wonderfulness, your lovely way with words in a cookbook, but I am not a big fan of your 'acting'.
I'm stressed. My new job is making me stressed, because for the first time in a long time, I am feeling insecure about what I'm doing. And it doesn't help that the Hot Boss is so nice, because it makes me feel worse. I don't want to let him down. But he's a man, I can't tell him I don't want to let him down, I will sound like a pathetic girl. Argh argh argh. I've been having anxiety dreams about work, it's just not like me. I'll get it sorted, I know I will.
But the sleeplessness is related. Couldn't get to sleep last night. Partly because I was reading a really good book but also because I couldn't relax. And I'm not doing the right thing tonight, I'm using my laptop in bed, all very very bad. Anyway, as a result, I felt dreadful today. And I stayed out after work with Amy and Aileen, had an early dinner... I'm wittering.
Did I say, I found a great title for my book? I'm not going to reveal it. Not at all...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment