The house share is a delicate balance. On the one hand, you want to find somewhere that's great, with lovely people, because you have to live there. You want to find somewhere attractive enough that you can bring friends back and they go 'oooh', but not so lovely that you never want to leave. Ideally, you want to live with a bunch of people tidier than you, so that you don't have to live in a pig sty, but not so tidy and anal that you feel uncomfortable in your own home. You want the place to feel homey, but not like someone else's home. You want your room to be big enough to retreat to, cosy enough to snuggle up in. Everyone needs storage, somewhere to hang their underwear out to dry, space to live and breathe... and the people you live with need not to drive you crazy.
I have a feeling that this time around, I'm going to be looking at quite a few houseshares. The place I saw this evening (with Charlie, my chaperone) was nice, it could even have been great, and the location was amazing (fab-u-lous Jericho, oh how I love it!). But something inside me thinks it wasn't right. Tomorrow night we're off to see another houseshare, we drove past it, I'm really hoping that it's going to be a good one inside, because it was hard to tell by the outside.
This is stressing me out. I really shouldn't be blogging now. I should be trying to get to sleep. I am still really tired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment